Wednesday, November 28, 2012

5 Months Later...

My last post was in June.  I will give you a summary of how ridiculous I have been.

I ate healthy.
I ate shit. 
I gained weight.
I gave up the Marathon goal.
I joined Tone It Up.  (love it)
I lost weight!
I started training for a Half.
I stopped training.
Now I am gaining again.

Yep.  I am so good at sticking to something...

So I decided to come back here and share my new outlook on this whole weight thing.

I do not feel good about myself when I start to lose my healthy diet and gain a few pounds.  I am by no means "fat" but I am not fit.  That is a problem.  I am also learning that when I try to stick to an exact workout plan I just don't stick with it.  I miss one day, then another, and another.  So I have decided to go back to my old ways that helped me lose weight back in the Spring...  From now my goal is to get in at least one sweat a day.  This is much more feasible for me.  Maybe one day I will accomplish a big race, but for now I will just run what is comfortable on the days that I feel like running.

I think that grad school has not helped.  My schedule is a complete disaster.  I would rather workout a little everyday and stay at a healthy weight, then to stress out over missing a long run on a day when I really need to study.

So here we go again.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment